Tuesday, June 5, 2012

NEW MUSIC! - Concerto for Tuba and Wind Ensemble by Gary Ziek

above: CSULB Wind Ensemble - Alan Baer Tuba Soloist

I love new music. Part of what I want to do is share as much new music with people as possible. I have a few excellent selections lined up and I am always looking for more. This one I discovered on accident one evening while having dinner with the composers wife at a French Horn conference. I am very glad I did. 

Concerto for Tuba and Wind Ensemble was written by Dr. Gary Ziek, professor of Trumpet and Director of Bands at Emporia State University. It was written for one of Gary's close friends, Alan Baer, principal Tubist in the New York Philharmonic.

Listen to this work and enjoy. It's fantastic and deserves attention. 

To purchase this music visit http://www.cimarronmusic.com/music-tuba.cfm

The Cimarron Press catalog number is CM1944.

Let me know what you think of this work!

3 comments:

  1. FYI, a version with piano reduction is in the works. The last I talked with him, Dr. Ziek was not sure when it would be available.

    And yeah, this piece is so nice. It was a blast when we (ESU Wind Ensemble) premiered it with Mr. Baer last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is available as of June 1, 2012. Click on the link above and hit ctrl-F. Then search for CM1944.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, excellent! I just noticed the WE version there at first. I hadn't talked to him about it in a while, I'm glad it's ready to go. Good eye, Kevin. ;)

    ReplyDelete