As musicians it is very important to get together, participate in clinics and try to learn as much as you can from other players who have more experience than you do. This workshop is a great opportunity to watch some top notch players perform. If you are anywhere close to this, please make sure to attend. You won't regret it. The guest artists include:
- Matthew K. Brown - Tuba soloist (see my record review of Mr. Brown's record here.)
- Jon Sass - Tuba soloist
- Patrick Sheridan - Tuba soloist
- Michael S. Milnarik - Tubist and clinic host
- Demondrae Thurmond - Euphonium (member of Soto Voce quartet)
- David Childs - Euphonium soloist
- David Bandman - Jazz Euphonium
- Roland Froscher - Euphonium soloist
This is an INTENSE group of players and you shouldn't miss an opportunity to visit with them and watch them perform.
This workshop takes place July 8th - July 21st at Nichols College in Dudley, Massachusetts.
For more information on the clinic, please visit the clinic website:
Here are some videos from the artists participating:
Matthew K. Brown, Roland Froscher and Michael S. Milnarik performing Barbara York's Tuba Quartet - 3rd mvmt.
Jon Sass - Voodoo Child (slight return)
Patrick Sheridan - Tiger Rag
Demondrae Thurmond - Pantomime by Philip Sparke
David Bandman - his own jazz arrangement of Holst's Second Suite in F
David Childs - Carnival of Venice