Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekly Diversion - Ted Leo and The Pharmacists - "Bottled in Cork"

This has NOTHING to do with Tuba or Sousaphone. Once a week I am going to talk about something that entertains me that I would like to share with someone else. This weeks diversion is "Bottled in Cork" by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. It is from their most recent album The Brutalist Bricks.
 This is one of my favorite albums and one of my favorite songs. The video features Paul F Tompkins and was directed by Tom Scharpling, the host of The Best Show on WFMU. 

Ted Leo is an interesting mix of alternative rock with a punk sensibility. The songs on The Brutalist Bricks have excellent melodic hooks and well written lyrics. I have listened to this album dozens of times since I purchased it and I think that more people need to know about Ted Leo and the Pharmacists.

LINKS!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment