Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weekly Diversion: The Best Show on WFMU





There is a reason it is called The Best Show. Now running for over ten years on the public radio station WFMU in New Jersey,The Best Show on WFMU brings you three hours of mirth, music and mayhem every Tuesday night from 9pm to midnight (eastern time). 


The show is hosted by Tom Scharpling who was a writer for the show Monk. He is frequently joined on the show by drummer and walking music encyclopedia Jon Wurster, who portrays any number of different seedy characters from the fictional town of Newbridge, New Jersey.


Tom also has on many great guests which frequently include Paul F. Tompkins, Ted Leo, Aimee Mann, John Hodgman, Patton Oswalt, Ben Gibbard (of Deathcab For Cutie and The Postal Service), Aziz Ansari, Paul Scheer, Todd Barry and more. 

The Best Show on WFMU is my favorite entertainment throughout the week. I don't get excited or set aside any time to watch any broadcast television show, but I make time for The Best Show. I rarely get to listen live, but I haven't missed a podcast in years. 



Recent episodes can be downloaded for FREE on iTunes and at Best Show Podcasts. 
An almost complete archive of The Best Show can be streamed online at:
The Best Show Archives 

The best of The Best Show on WFMU can be found as a free bi-weekly podcast, which features some of my favorite Tom Scharpling/Jon Wurster comedy. Best Show Gems can be downloaded for FREE at: Best Show Gems Podcast


The Best Show on WFMU can be streamed live every Tuesday from 9pm to 12 eastern time at:
http://wfmu.org/



2 comments:

  1. Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You will never believe what just happened. A mouse just ran by wearing a cape. Sorry, I have to turn off my wrist watch alarm...

    (the above is an inside joke for Best Show listeners)

    Oh look. My wife does read my blog!

    ReplyDelete