Saturday, January 8, 2011

Necks and Bits - the what and why

Now I am publishing photos of various necks and bits. Soon I will post measurements so if you own a vintage horn that is missing the neck and bits, you can find something that will fit and (hopefully) not alter the pitch of your instrument. The measurements I will include will be:


Length
Connection diameter
What other bits will it accept




CONN





KING (PRE 1986)
KING (post 1986 - bits are the same as above)
REYNOLDS / OLDS




SELMER / BUNDY




YAMAHA
There will be more pictures to follow and measurements. I will make a separate chart just for necks and bits. If you have any opinions or input, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Do you know the dimensions of that selmer/bundy neck piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the very interesting & informative web site, you have obviously spent a lot of time on it & I appreciate all your efforts. I recently purchased a H N White 4 valve w/ sn 258700 that is missing the neck & bits, so this data is very useful for me. Yours truly Gordon Geasland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the very interesting & informative web site, you have obviously spent a lot of time on it & I appreciate all your efforts. I recently purchased a H N White 4 valve w/ sn 258700 that is missing the neck & bits, so this data is very useful for me. Yours truly Gordon Geasland

    ReplyDelete